- fit is a health activation program from Sanford Health, developed to empower children and parents to make healthy lifestyle choices that help prevent childhood obesity.
- fit connects four keys to healthy living: RECHARGE, MOOD, FOOD and MOVE. Being fit is not just about what you eat and drink or how you move, being fit is about having the right mindset and enough energy to be able to choose healthy foods and to be active.
- fit is comprised of a system of resources and programs including school programs, daycare training, mobile apps, and websites showcasing fun, interesting, and useful content developed in collaboration with WebMD.
fit platform was developed using a combination of the latest scientific and behavioral research designed to educate, motivate, and inspire children of all ages to live a balanced, healthy lifestyle.
About Sanford Health
- Sanford Health is an integrated health system headquartered in the Dakotas. It is one of the largest health systems in the nation with 43 hospitals and nearly 250 clinics in nine states and three countries. Sanford Health’s 27,000 employees, including 1,400 physicians, make it the largest employer in the Dakotas.
- Nearly $1 billion in gifts from philanthropist Denny Sanford have allowed for several initiatives, including global children’s clinics, genomic medicine and specialized centers researching cures for type 1 diabetes, breast cancer and other diseases. For more information, visit sanfordhealth.org.
This after-school recreational program, created by Sanford Health, teaches girls the importance of healthy lifestyle choices through energetic, interactive lessons and games.
A four-part training to teach early childhood caregivers why, what, and how to educate young children about healthy choices. Tips, tools, and resources are provided to activate children and educate parents to make fit choices.
Created by Sanford Health, in cooperation with the State of SD Departments of Health and Social Services.
Check it out here.
fitCare Best Practice Program
WebMD, the leading provider of health information services, and Sanford Health have teamed up to develop interactive online resources to engage and activate healthy lifestyle choices for youth.
Check it out! There is a site for Jrs., Kids, and Teens to use at home and on-the-go!
Raising fit Kids
Parents, families, and community health activators can use the Raising fit Kids site to learn about and activate healthy lifestyle habits at home.
WebMD and Sanford Health have teamed up to provide recipes, information, trends, tips, and tools to get the entire family involved in making fit choices!
fit Mobile Apps
Move2Draw connects fun, friends, and fit! A simple and fun way to MOVE and create your own unique drawings.
eMOODicam offers a fun and easy way to capture a moment and the emotion! Add captions and expressions to your photographs and share with family and friends.
fit4Schools, developed by Sanford Health, uses weekly topics and challenges to teach children about the four key factors of healthy living: MOOD, RECHARGE, FOOD, and MOVE.
Educators can activate health with 5-10 minute modules designed to captivate, educate, and activate healthy behavior choices.
How many fit choices are on each poster? Find favorite ways to Motivate Your MOOD, RECHARGE Your Energy, Think Your FOOD, and MOVE Your Body!
Print and place the fit poster series in any setting to encourage children to activate healthy choices! Poster print size may be adjusted to 11”x17” format.
Being fit can be fun! Use fitGames, developed by Sanford Health, to activate healthy lifestyle choices. fitGames can be used in multiple settings – soccer practice, after-school programs, recreation and club meetings, and at home.
Download the fitGames booklet to start activating health today!
Download these tunes to get fit!
fit Songs, developed by Sanford Health, provide a fun way for children to learn about making healthy choices. Use these songs to get kids moving and learning about fit choices in your daycare, classroom, club meeting, or in the car!
Download here or check out fit Songs and other great content on fit WebMD.